Growing up so fast!!! Easter 2011

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME

So, it's been a  while since I posted anything so figure that I should probably do some updates!!!!!

Well, we have decided that we are going to stick it out here in East TX, C is doing really good with his job, and with work picking up he is due for a raise in the very near future.  We hate where we are living so we are in the process of finding a new place, hopefullly in a neighborhood that has other kids, so that Reyenne can make some new friends. 

It's official, she is a first grader, around the last couple of weeks of school in Kindergarten they do a test similar to a TAKS test, the first day of the test, the Reading portion, I got an email from the teacher calling an immediate conference, of course that is never good that close to the end of the year.  Turns out that Reyenne was doing her test and just decided that she didn't want to anymore, and scored lower on the second test than the first, Mrs. Tinkle her teacher called her to her desk asked her the questions she missed and she answered them perfectly, when asked why she didn't do those questions on the test she said I didn't want to so I stopped listening, oh lord, she definitely has a mind of her own and if she doesn't want to do something she flat out won't.  Funny thing is she was honest to her teacher about it and said she just DIDN'T FEEL LIKE IT!!!!!  So when I met with her and her teacher.  I told Mrs. TInkle that I don't want to let her pass Kindergarten and I think that all of her friends should go to first grade without her, Reyenne didn't like that idea and promised that she would really try harder, the next day was the Math part of the test, WOO HOO she only missed 3 questions and the teacher said that they were the tough ones that she missed, so needless to say we were pleased.  The following week we received a letter in the mail congratulating us that Reyenne has officially been promoted to the first grade.

So school ended without any other mishaps, and a week after we heard Reyenne in her room crying, C and I looked at each other and went to check on her, she had the scrapbook that her teacher made her of the school year and she was bawling, we asked her what was going on and she looked as us with the saddest face and said, I don't like summer, I miss Mrs. Tinkle and all my friends.  LOL poor baby. 

Next was Memorial Day weekend.  Reyenne no longer dislikes summer, she got to go to her friends house and swim for almost a whole day.  So on Sunday 6.5.11 she comes up to me and says mom is today Memorial Day too?  I tell her no why and she said because I want don't want to go to daycare until Tuesday, I like having Mondays at home with you and dad.  AWWEE...........  She can be so sweet at times.  I think this was because she was absolutely exhausted from the weekend, Friday she got to sleep over at a friends house for the 1st time, I was a nervous wreck, but we all survived, then a birthday party Saturday evening at the skating rink, she was in bed by 8:30 and slept til 10:30 Sunday, why is it when she wants to sleep in my body alarm goes off at 6:30 =(.  Oh well had lots to do cause the family was on their way to come to see us, we went to lunch and then swimming all afternoon, what a wonderful weekend, had a blast!!!!!

So i think that about catches us up, I am a little sad that I will miss the big family reunion next weekend, but I hope to be able to get out to OK very soon to see the family!!!!!  To those of you that follow this and are part of the family, we love and miss each and every one of you so much, and I promise to get out there to see you guys ASAP!!!!!  I hope you all have a wonderful time and I will be thinkin about you while I am sitting in the AC and you all are sweating your butts off playing some good ole family Softball!!!! LOL 

Love you all!!!!  D

No comments:

Post a Comment